Safety is the top priority for LOGOS School. Every year, we enhance and upgrade our systems and processes to provide a safe and secure environment for our students and staff.
LOGOS staff also receives trainings at the beginning of the school year, as well as throughout the year, to ensure the most recent and up-to-date information on how to productively deal with any and all issues with regards to school safety. Certified trainers are on hand at LOGOS to provide staff with the following trainings:
- Safe Crisis Management (SCM) – SCM training provides staff with techniques on how to identify potential conflicts/crisis, help prevent students from escalating in those situations, how to work with them during a crisis utilizing the least restrictive intervention possible as well as how to best work with students after an incident has occurred. It also incorporates education on understanding the students of LOGOS, effects of trauma on students and understanding behaviors of concern.
- 4E Training – This training is the most current and agreed upon approach that was provided by former first responders. It is set up to educate employees on how to best prepare for, what to do during and how to respond to anyone that is in the building with harmful intent. Drills with staff and students are practiced throughout the school year.
- CPR/AED/First Aid
Other staff trainings provided throughout the year include:
- Classroom management
- Trauma Responsive Care
- Social Emotional Learning
- Self-Care Management
- Individual Student Reviews
- Diversity Trainings
- Policy and Procedural Review and Updates
Learn more about other saftey measures at LOGOS School: