Through our athletics program, students will gain a sense of community, work ethic, confidence, leadership, enjoyment and skill development. The personal traits we strive to develop in our athletes are: teamwork, perseverance, responsibility, physical endurance, commitment, time management, and emotional health.
When a student decides to join an athletic team, they make a commitment to attend all practices and to give 100% effort. Our student athletes learn to rely upon and support one another to reach a common goal. Student athletes show loyalty to teammates by being dependable and responsible, showing up for all practices and putting forth his/her best physical and mental effort.
We offer three sports: soccer, volleyball and basketball. All students in good standing academically and therapeutically are invited to participate, and practices are held everyday during our seventh hour elective classes.
Our teams are a part of the MSHSAA Association and play against a variety of teams in the St. Louis area.
Equipment, uniforms and transportation to and from the game are provided by LOGOS at no additional expense. Students must have their own transportation home from games.
The goals the athletics department has set for each student athlete are:
- Demonstrate competency in body awareness and movement patterns needed to perform in game play.
- Demonstrate understanding of offense and defense.
- Demonstrate the variety of different plays, skills, and team movement for team success.
- Daily participation in skill development.
- Achieve and maintain a health enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Exhibit responsibility for personal and social behavior, of respect for self and others.
- Value LOGOS Athletics for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and social interaction.
- Transfer the skills learned in team play and good sportsmanship to everyday experiences.